+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: how do you color skin tones?

Re: how do you color skin tones?

Quote Originally Posted by midnitecreations View Post
    Here's an ATC I drew and colored with prisma pencils

I used peach for the base, and shaded all over with Sienna Brown, violet for the darker shadows and highlighted with cream. Hope this helps. I can do a a tutorial on my blog if you want.
    wow Renu! this is fab! I love the depth and highlites you have achieved! yes please do a tutorail, and if you don't mind would you add it to the stamp shack tutorials?? it would be a great resource!

I use that I Like Markers blog turtorial that Daria posted earlier in this thread and have done both dark skin tones and native American and had them look pretty good.

Cindy

My Blog

3. Re: how do you color skin tones?

That is a cute stamp Kelli, who makes it
    It's by Penny Black. The actual image has wings, though, however, I cut them off and used Prima flowers for the wings.

4. Re: how do you color skin tones?

I also like to use the metallic crayola (there is a rosy color in the pack) that is good for parts of skin...gives them a sunkissed look. I use it a lot to color my housemouse feet, cheeks, nose and hands. I also use it for native american skin coloring. Use it very lightly and blend with gamsol.

Kerry

I am using SKIN WHITE Copic now, but I think I have also used the pale peach Prisma pencil too.

I'll have a very bright pink. (Skin color)

7. Re: how do you color skin tones?

I colour using a pink-tone or flesh-tone and then I use a bright pink, yes bright pink, and rub on the cheeks and knuckles of the hands. Once blended, it looks just like a real person.

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

I always used my prismacolor pencils but I have discovered Copic markers! I love them!!!

I just bought my first copic sketch marker in "flesh" it is kind of peachey before that I used my leplume lt orange marker... I was very light with the application.

+ Reply to Thread