+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am LOVING my Copic Markers

Re: I am LOVING my Copic Markers

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    I know nothing about Copic markers except what I've read here at SS. Does the ink last a long time to compensate for the huge price tag? What makes them so expensive?
    Not sure if they last longer. I assume that would depend on how often you use them. But they are refillable and you can replace the nibs when they get worn out. That is how they end up being cheaper since you don't have to replace the whole marker when it runs out or the nib gets all funky.
    Suzanne
    Wife, Mom, Book Lover, Crafter, and Green belt in Mixed Martial Arts
    If I was light on my feet I would be a dancer not a martial artist.

I must be the only person not using these markers. I bought some a while back and then sold them much to my ds's chagrin. He does a lot of anime drawing and was loving them.
    Suzanne
    Wife, Mom, Book Lover, Crafter, and Green belt in Mixed Martial Arts
    If I was light on my feet I would be a dancer not a martial artist.

I wonder if these tips will work for the bic mark it pens? I think I may have to try it, as I only have a couple of Copics, but a whole set of bics.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

The thing I learned about Copics -- if you just use them like regular markers, they are great but expensive. Once you figure out the secrets, they are DA BOMB! :-)

I recently tried some of my Copics techniques with my Prisma Markers (since I already had about 2 dozen of them when I discovered Copics) and that worked as well. So I'm hanging on to my Prisma markers -- at least for now.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I've been wanting to try them but they cost so much. I could buy one at a time but that would take forever.

Christie -- or anyone wanting to TRY Copics -- buy a couple of skin colors. Copics have the BEST skin colors and you can blend them. If you buy them one at a time, go for the lighter colors. You can then add shading with your Prisma pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    Christie -- or anyone wanting to TRY Copics -- buy a couple of skin colors. Copics have the BEST skin colors and you can blend them. If you buy them one at a time, go for the lighter colors. You can then add shading with your Prisma pencils.
    That's a good idea!! I might have to break down and buy myself one!

Don't buy ONE - -you need to buy TWO so you can blend them, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    Don't buy ONE - -you need to buy TWO so you can blend them, silly!
    LOL!! You are such an enabler!!!!

10. Re: I am LOVING my Copic Markers

The certification class teaches you many techniques that you will be able to teach in classes. Your certification means that you will be listed as a certified instructor and will be able to/asked to demo and teach classes at stores and other places of interest.

I also like to use my copics along with the MWCT. Combining marker blending AND colored pencil blending in one piece really looks nice!

Kerry

+ Reply to Thread