+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: advice and input wanted

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps

Question Re: advice and input wanted

If you are able to, I'd get 2 kittens, also. Zack might have fun with 2 kitties to boss around. And then if something ever happens to Zack (not anytime soon I hope), you'll still have 2 kitties running around. And I'm already thinking of some cute names for the kitty or kitties.
    Michelle

Re: advice and input wanted

Wow! Looks like the experts say either get one adult cat or TWO kittens!

They both sound great to me.

If you get two kittens you MUST take a million pictures. I want to see lots of two kittens.

We recently lost Rascal, and our other cat Pretty was pretty upset and lonely wandering the house looking for her, but after about a month she became her old self again and really doesn't seem to mind the being alone. In fact she acts like she is queen of the house. We were going to get another cat, but we decided it might upset Pretty so we decided against it.

We of course all still miss Rascal very badly, and it is hard to look at toys and things they shared, or their cat bed they use to curl in together. I think you have to make your own decision on what is right for your family, but maybe give it a little time and see how it goes.

Cindy

My Blog

Sending you lots of hugs, Cindi. I know this is such a hard time for you and Gary. I've never owned a cat, so I don't know about that part. There is alot of great advice here, though.

I think getting a kitten or 2 kittens are a fine idea. We have a cat now that is about 18, we lost one a few months ago that was about 20. We have had actually 4 that have lived very long times.
    But in any case, I was at the shelter a few months back and found Spunky- (In my job one of my many responsiblities is the Animal Shelter and Animal Control) They had Spunky (They called him Lucky) and he had bitten the Shelter attendant-so he was quarantined for 10 days- Anyway I took him out of that cage and loved on him-guess what he bit me too- I said this cat is mine- He has a lot of Spunk-they would have euthanized him because he could not be adopted out as a biter. Our other cat had just died recently-but you know you just know when it is right for you.
    Our older cats always tolerate the kittens- I just always feed them and speak to them first in the beginning and it works out.
    Kittens are a lot of fun- just think you will have a wonderful loving home and some kitten, kittens or cat will be so lucky to find you.
    If you are ready--then go for it.

6. Re: advice and input wanted

Oh cindy I am so glad to are going to get another baby. The longer you wait the harder it is. I am used to having 2 pups in the house and when I lost Rosie I got Hazel and now that Pippin has died I only have my Hazel and she didnt like the pup that Chris got me(Lil bit) I really want to get another but it is getting harder the longer I wait...Good luck finding your new babe. Post lots of pic! Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread