+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracey/Mrs. Fence - I just made your corn chowder - YUMMY!

1. Tracey/Mrs. Fence - I just made your corn chowder - YUMMY!

I made your corn chowder today. It is so good. DH thought it needed a little something so I added some Frank's Red Hot sauce to his bowl and he was very happy. Thanks for sharing.
    Teresa

Re: Tracey/Mrs. Fence - I just made your corn chowder - YUMMY!

did she post her recipe? I always like to see how people make it, seems like we all do it differently

3. Re: Tracey/Mrs. Fence - I just made your corn chowder - YUMMY!

Tracey pm'd me. She said she didn't have a recipe but gave me directions of how she makes her corn chowder. I did the same thing, except added carrot.

Here's what I did:

Covered 8 medium potatoes with water (you can also use chicken broth), add diced onion, and some garlic. I also added two handfuls of baby carrots . Cook until tender. DO NOT DRAIN. I added one large bag of frozen corn to the vegetables and cooked until the corn was warm. Then I added 1/2 stick of butter and 2/3 of a quart of half and half. Once it was heated through I added some salt, pepper, basil, and a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce. I did add a few splashes of Franks Red Hot sauce to DH's bowl and it was pretty good although I don't know if the rest of the family will like the bite. It was easy and took no time once the potatoes cooked.

(I mashed the potatoes and carrots with a potato masher before I added the half and half).
    Teresa

Oooooo this does sound delicious. I may have to give this a try.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

does sound yummy! it is a little different than this way the half french girl makes it, but different is good sometimes...livens things up

MMMMMMM... maybe I'll make this instead of ordering Chinese tonite.
    Cathi

Glad you liked it, Teresa! I love hot soups and chowders on cold winter days!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

+ Reply to Thread