+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

Uhhh, waiting patienly to hear how it all turned out!

Kathy

Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

they must be good, she's still at them! lol
    come on..we need to know

3. Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

They were just okay. I put them in the crock pot with BBQ sauce, and cooked them for about 6 hours on low. By the time 6 hours were up, they were almost burning! I couldn't possibly have cooked them any longer or they would have been nasty. I think I will try something different next time. Maybe boil them and then bake them in the oven??

So it's an ongoing experiment!! LOL
    Traci

Re: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about cooking ribs in a crockpot??

Traci, one of the ways we cook our ribs is to boil them first and then to either put them in the oven (if I'm cooking) or put them on the bbq (DH is cooking....we almost always put them on the Q). We put LOTS of Pappy's seasoning and ground sage into the pot of water, bring it to a boil and then simmer them with a lid on for about an hour. To put modesty aside for just a moment here....we're kinda known for our ribs and often get requests for them when family and friends visit. Okay...putting my modesty cap back on now! ;>

The way we've been doing them for the last year though, is to put them into a pyrex, season them with Pappy's & sage (no sauce yet), put tinfoil on it, bake them for about an hour and a half at 325, and then put bbq sauce on them and onto the bbq. They are DELISCIOUS! Oh yea, I should mention that we usually buy racks of ribs (so there are bones) and sometimes country shoulder ribs and always pork.

Let us know how your next trial turns out!!

Hey! Now you're making me want some ribs!!! Good thing I need to go shopping in the next day or two! :>

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

+ Reply to Thread