+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI ***UPDATED***

1. I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI ***UPDATED***

I don't know. I keep wondering if it's my imagination, but he just wants to go outside ALL the time. We will let him out, and within a half hour he's whining to go out again. Tuesday night he had an accident in the house. He's been house trained for over 1-1/2 years now, and he's not had a single accident since (till now!) AND....he had just been outside 1/2 hour earlier!

So I don't know what is going on with him, but I'm off today, and I figure I may as well take him in and get him checked out.
    Last edited by workin4stamps; 02-19-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    Traci

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI

Poor Colby. Let us know what the vet says. Jiggs is sending him doggie kisses.

Poor Colby. I hope he's okay and dosen't have a UTI and has just been drinking too much water. Keep us updated.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

4. Re: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI

could be a bladder stone -- my doggie had 2 big ones once.

5. Re: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI

Quote Originally Posted by logcabincreations View Post
    could be a bladder stone -- my doggie had 2 big ones once.
    hope not! that sounds expensive! LOL

as long as we get to the bottom of it though.....whatever we gotta do!
    Traci

6. Re: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI

Can't remember how much it cost, but they have to be surgically removed.

I hope his is just a UTI

aw, hugs for colby. I hope they get him feeling tip top quickly.

8. Re: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI

Good lucky & doggie hugs!! I hope he's ok & it's a simple fix!!!!

let us know....my dog livie sends slobbery hugs too...
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

10. Re: I'm taking Colby to the vet today....I think he might have a UTI **UPDATED***

Colby and I are back from the vet. No infection. No crystals, no stones, no nothing. YEY!! The bad news is, that means it's behavioral. Not so YEY! She asked me if we've had any changes in our household (schedules, people, etc). I told her I've been working a lot more than I usually do. Before I used to always be home between 4:30 and 5:00. For the last couple of weeks I'm lucky if I'm home by 6:00. So not a drastic change, but she said it might be enough to just upset him a little.

She also said Yellow Labs are known to suffer from ADD, and he's probably not paying attention to doing his business while he is outside. Or maybe something out there is distracting him (or making him want to go out). So I need to go make a good inspection of the yard.
    Traci

+ Reply to Thread