+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Please

1. Opinions Please

Scott's ankle is still bothering him; he sees the orthopedic guy next Thur. His ankle is so swollen right now that the elastic on his sweat pants is digging into his leg. It doesn't hurt right now but the pain woke him up in the middle of the night & he had to take a vicodin.

He says he'll just wait to see the dr on Thur. I'm thinking he might need a trip to the ER. What would y'all do????

Re: Opinions Please

I'd ice it and take an anti-inflammatory med and see what happens.

I'd call my Dr and see what s/he says....my kids- I'd take them to the hospital. My dh- call the Dr.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

I ditto what Tami said. Put some ice on it.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

5. Re: Opinions Please

FollowTami's advice & have him change out of pants that have elastic at ankle...or cut it ou (cutting off circulation is not a good thing). Make sure the leg is elevated.

6. Re: Opinions Please

Hi Suzi,
    I didn't hear what happened to Scott, but I agree with the others that he needs to put on something that isn't binding, ice and elevate it. I broke my ankle 2 mo ago and had surgery. I've gone to PT for a month now and it's getting much better but still quite swollen. They tell me everytime to ice and elevate it to reduce the swelling.
    Wishing Scott the best!
    Smiles, Pam

My blog: Stamping with {Serendipity!}

"Stamping makes an ordinary day more colorful!"

7. Re: Opinions Please

He's got ice on it. Got it elevated. He's taken some Advil. He did change his pants first thing. It looks terrible! I wish he'd figure out what's wrong & we could move on!! Thanks guys!

Glad he's taking care of it. These things always happen on the weekends.

9. Re: Opinions Please

I see nothing wrong with going to the ER or calling the dr. Swelling is not a good thing. How is the coloring?

10. Re: Opinions Please

Quote Originally Posted by My3Ds View Post
    I see nothing wrong with going to the ER or calling the dr. Swelling is not a good thing. How is the coloring?
    his coloring is fine right now. If he puts the ankle brace on, it gets ugly. I think he's stopped using the brace. At least he doesn't have to go out on audit's next week so he can sit at his desk or on the couch until he sees the Dr. Or I will kill him 'cause I have to do everything but pee for him!!!

+ Reply to Thread