+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

For some odd reason my DH likes the Bachlorette show and so I was watching as I was sitting in the coolest room in the house. I have to ask if anyone thinks it is rigged? This seemingly half ways intelligent woman turns down a nice looking bright man and keeps a loser musician who admits he is on because it will help his career. One has to wonder if they just want things spicey and she really doesn't have much of a choice. Just curious what you all think?
    Roxie

Re: Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

I haven't watched tonights episode, but man, how can she not see that that country singer dude is there for his career!!!

I've never seen the show, but I do know of lots of women who have turned down good choices for loser musicians.....It probably is rigged...but...I'm just saying...
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

4. Re: Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

Don't know if it's rigged or not, but I think the musician is still around because no one likes him, so "maybe" the producers are telling her to keep giving him a rose because it makes for good ratings.

5. Re: Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

In my humble opinion if you watch these shows just take the REAL out of REALITY. Nothing but airtime filler shows. Nothing real about them at all.
    Jennifer

My blog

I think they must be rigged. The things some of these people do and say are so stupid, it HAS to be fake! I can't believe some of these people. Why would anybody want to appear that "weird" on TV?

The only one I will watch is the Amazing Race ( if that even counts as a reality show) and I watch that one because of the scenery. I'll never get to those places so I love to see the people, customs, sites, etc.
    Susan Paulson

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece.".....Leonardo da Vince

7. Re: Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

I think reality shows are rigged too. It's all about the almighty dollar and how many ratings can they get!

I think some are rigged and some are not.....but, even those shows have a certain amount of staging, setting situations up, and 'forcing' something to happen.....by the people they cast, the event they have them do or participate in, or the location. Its not real, but when it is not outright rigged, you are watching real reactions. Its like watching a train wreck and that's what keeps people watching. And YES, there are some Really NOT bright, cannot see the big picture type people out there......there are more than I would care to count!!! Just think of some of the people you encounter in your everyday life......sometimes the lack of intelligence and common sense makes my jaw drop. And yes, Vicki, I agree...the bottom line is the dollar which they get from commercials and in show advertising which the price is set by how many people are watching.

:> Karen
    Time Crafted (my blog)

I watch the show from time to time and I personally feel that they want the ratings so they will do whatever they can to get the ratings up. I totally agree that it is "rigged" as you call it. I really think the behind the scenes folks want the spicier the better. That is why on certain shows / like BB and Survivor they will pick the type of people that will draw that crazy dramatic attention...bu that JMO LOL...
    Darlene

10. Re: Reality T.V. - is it rigged?

I don't know...I just know if my daughter ever went on a reality show and acted/dressed the way some of these women do she would be in so much trouble..and I don't care how old she is!
    Hugs,
    Jenny in MAine

My BLog: www.ThisEveryDayLife.com

+ Reply to Thread