+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: yoo hoo, Jennifer...inkinupstamps..

1. Re: yoo hoo, Jennifer...inkinupstamps..

I think that was why I bought it last year. I have a really pretty Ice Skates stencil and I was thinking of doing some cards with it.

Cindi, you've really gotten me in the mood to get it out again. You should post an embossing paste swap. What do you think?
    Jennifer

My blog

Re: yoo hoo, Jennifer...inkinupstamps..

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    I think that was why I bought it last year. I have a really pretty Ice Skates stencil and I was thinking of doing some cards with it.

Cindi, you've really gotten me in the mood to get it out again. You should post an embossing paste swap. What do you think?
    oh my scaredy cat butt..I have never hosted a swap before!!!
    YIKES!

3. Re: yoo hoo, Jennifer...inkinupstamps..

Well get your scaredy cat butt in gear and host away! I'd join! I'll be first to sign up!
    Jennifer

My blog

ROTFLMAO!!
    let me take a peek and see if I have to wait for Christie to help me

5. Re: yoo hoo, Jennifer...inkinupstamps..

I'm going to head off to bed now. I need my beauty sleep (of course I could sleep a week and still not get the full dose of "beauty sleep" I'd need) but anyway.......

If you do post one I'll check in tomorrow. I think that would be fun. Lots of folks have stencils that they've forgotten about and this would be a fun way to use them besides only dry embossing.

Oh! And one more thing. Once you are hooked on using your brass stencils for paste embossing then I'll introduce you to the fun, fun, FUN of using your stencils and glitter.

Nighty night for now!
    Jennifer

My blog

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    I'm going to head off to bed now. I need my beauty sleep (of course I could sleep a week and still not get the full dose of "beauty sleep" I'd need) but anyway.......

If you do post one I'll check in tomorrow. I think that would be fun. Lots of folks have stencils that they've forgotten about and this would be a fun way to use them besides only dry embossing.

Oh! And one more thing. Once you are hooked on using your brass stencils for paste embossing then I'll introduce you to the fun, fun, FUN of using your stencils and glitter.

Nighty night for now!
    oh my heck..you made me do it!! now go join, I'm all nervous!!

7. Re: yoo hoo, Jennifer...inkinupstamps..

One can use plastic stencils as well as brass ones with embossing paste. JoAnn's and M's both carry a nice variety of inexpensive plastic stencils close to their foam stamps (in the back of both stores-near acrylic paints). Jennifer is fantastic at painting after the embossing paste dries. But not being the detailed painter that she is I tend to choose stencils that don't need detail coloring. I mix acrylic or luminere paints with the paste and spread them on as if I am icing a cookie with a thin layer of icing. Sometimes I use the knife to add texture. I use blue painters tape to temporarily hold the stencil in place.

Another way to use embossing paste is to use it to achieve some dimension and texture by coating areas of your card stock with embossing paste and stamping it or using other objects to add texture. I particuliarly enjoy using foam stamps with bold graphic designs.

Happy stamping!
    Last edited by Far North; 07-05-2009 at 01:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread