+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glimmer Mist Question!

Glimmer Mist Question!

How do you keep your glimmer mist from splattering all over your cardstock? I spray it but no matter what I do, I get big splotches. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
    Amy

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Glimmer Mist Question!

Maybe try holding it farther away from your paper. I know if I get mine too close I get big splots.

make sure your spraying finger is not hanging over the edge of the spray button, even a tiny bit. Spray it like applying hairspray i.e. mist across the page and move your hand as you do it, rather than spraying on one spot.
    Sarah

Use a box and it stays in one space. - Nancy

5. Re: Glimmer Mist Question!

I use a small zip loc container and the key is to spritz and make it saturated on the top of the paper. You will have some drippy edges, but those can be snipped off. I pour the extra GM back into the bottle when I'm done. When you let it soak in, the mist will be a consistent color. This is how I teach people to use it.

I've also seen the video for GM on tattered angels site and they recommend you spritz it and then rub it with a napkin...I don't do it that way.

Kerry

Thanks for the tips ladies. I will experiment and see what method works best for me.
    Amy

hmm..I will have to try thess new tips with kine and see whAt I like best. fun thread

Maybe try a different spray bottle. I love the mini misters from Ranger!

In the class I took on glimmer mist, they recommended to keep moving your arm, blot or even wipe it with a paper towel, but to be aware that blotches are part of the "art." Some of my colors blotch more than others.
    Roxie

a word of caution when using the darker colors - use gloves if you might spray your hands. A week ago Sunday I used the Sapphire Blue glimmer mist to make a paper flower blue and my hand still has blue from it. (most of it is gone but it's still blue around my finger nails lol)

+ Reply to Thread