+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

1. Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

When I was blog surfing during the week I came upon this post ... if you scroll down a bit she shows a picture of her brownies and tells you how easy they are to make. I made them this afternoon. They are super easy to make, they are SUPER YUMMY, and they are definitely NOT on my Weight Watchers diet! I prepared a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brown mix as the box instructed. I greased a 9 x 13 baking dish, poured half of the batter, unwrapped 24 of the small York Peppermint Patties (there are 25 in the bag but I ate the odd one ). I placed the peppermint patties on top of the batter, poured the remaining batter over the top, spreading it evenly to cover the peppermint patties. Bake as instructed and allow to cool before you cut into them. They are really really good. As they cool the peppermint patties harden - YUMMY! I think I'm going to try doing them with Reese's Peanut Butter cups next. I have to bake something every week for DH to take to hunting camp so I look for EASY recipes.
    Teresa

OMG this sounds so good, Theresa!! I need to try this, York patties? YUM!

Kathy

3. Re: Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

I LOVE peppermint patties Thanks for sharing this.

4. Re: Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    OMG this sounds so good, Theresa!! I need to try this, York patties? YUM!
    Yes, York peppermint patties. I bought a bag of the smaller size (about the size of a half dollar maybe). Yes, you do need to try this
    Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by tesschap View Post
    Yes, York peppermint patties. I bought a bag of the smaller size (about the size of a half dollar maybe). Yes, you do need to try this
    Oh sorry, I wasn't questioning you on whether they were York ones. It was more like a "York patties, I'm in" type of thing! Sorry, I wasn't being dense, just dreaming of chocolate!

Kathy

Re: Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

oh yummy! I think these are a must make tomorrow! Thanks
    Hugs,

You are special. Never stop believing that.

My Blog

7. Re: Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

I do something similar only I put them on top of the brownies as SOON as they come out of the oven. Once they melt, spread it around and it will harden on top. I've done it with both Andes mints and York patties. Both are YUMMY!

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

omg... I MUST go to the store tomorrow!
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

danger...danger ..danger!!
    I must not make these, beCAUSE I'd put one in a bowl, put on a scoop of ice cream, then add sundae toppings!!
    yup, this is totally dangerous to me!!

10. Re: Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

Wowsers. They sound good. Saved it to my favorites to try for the next potluck!
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

+ Reply to Thread