+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Today's the day I thought would never come!

1. Today's the day I thought would never come!

Becca gets her license today!! We're taking Nick to school, drop him off & then heading to the DMV. When she passes (gotta be positive, right?) she'll drive me home & then leave, all alone, to go back to school. I'm nervous for her taking the driving test (and a little for the written test; it's been 9 months since she studied the stuff!) and scared to let her leave all alone. I know she's ready but.....what if........... She didn't see a car yesterday when she went to merge onto the highway. On Sunday, she heard a siren & basically slammed on the brakes (we were at a green stop light but luckily no one was behind us). Now, I've done BOTH of these things during my driving career but it just scares me 'cause what if?????

I may have to take an anxiety pill when she leaves & I won't be happy 'til she's back home tonite!!! LOL

Re: Today's the day I thought would never come!

oh gosh Suzi, hang in there!! And Good Luck to Becca!!
    (hugs)

3. Re: Today's the day I thought would never come!

She passed. She's on her way to school. ALONE!!! I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm scared!!! She'll be ok, right?

Wow! Scarey, happy day! They grow up too fast!
    Dee

Congrats to Becca. Good Luck and prayers for you!

Oh Suzi...I know just how you feel. My son and daughter are both in their 40s and I STILL worry about them when I can't see them. I know this is MY problem, they're both very independent but Im a mom and I worry. I've been told this is "anticipatory anxiety"---worrying about what COULD happen. Stay busy and have faith. It will probably be easier once she has been driving for a while. Keep us posted.

7. Re: Today's the day I thought would never come!

Congrats to Becca! No advice Suzi, I still worry about my kids 24/7....

she will be great Suzi!!

9. Re: Today's the day I thought would never come!

They're home. She did fine. Doesn't mean I won't worry about her. For dinner tonite, I'm going to give her & Nick $$$ & let them go on their own to anywhere (in the Alton/Godfrey area) they want!! It's gonna be weird tomorrow: I don't even need to get up. They can get themselves up, get themselves ready & get themselves to school. FREAKY!!!

Bless you Suzi!! My mom was actually glad when I could drive and my dad kept reassuring her-she will be fine. (Of course he taught me to drive) Your kids are growing up and now you have to let them spread their wings a little. I hope she will stay safe. My thoughts are with you.

+ Reply to Thread