+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dr Oz show

Dr Oz show

Anyone watch him? I love him. The other day he had a segment on about buying things at tag sales etc. 3 people brought things they bought at a tag sale: a teapot, a throw pillow and a small kitchen appliance. A man was there and evaluated each item. First the teapot...it was beautiful, had a blue design all over it. He used a stick that looked like a glue stick to rub the inside of the pot. It turned bright red. That means it has lead in it.
    The pillow (like for on a couch) when hit with a black light, showed all kinds of stains (bodily fluids? yuk), and the little counter appliance...it looked like it was brand new. The bottom of it (the part that faces the counter) has open vents. He said that is a perfect and common place for bugs to hide during the day, ( i.e. roaches... ewwwww). The only thing you can be sure of being safe would be like "unupholstered furniture" i.e. table or chair!!

How about that?

2. Re: Dr Oz show

Ewwww...I have to admit though...I bought myfirst microwave second hand. I used it and cockroaches poured out the vents. I had it bagged and at the dump, in record time!!!

Re: Dr Oz show

I happened to see that show. It's amazing about what he was saying that you don't even think about. You think about the bargain, but not the extra's that come with it. I think the only thing that you could be safe with is clothing, or anything that you put in the washer machine or dishwasher!
    shelley

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Ewwww...I have to admit though...I bought myfirst microwave second hand. I used it and cockroaches poured out the vents. I had it bagged and at the dump, in record time!!!
    OMG....Lori...that's awful...that's it...I'm DONE with tag sales etc!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzypurple853 View Post
    I happened to see that show. It's amazing about what he was saying that you don't even think about. You think about the bargain, but not the extra's that come with it. I think the only thing that you could be safe with is clothing, or anything that you put in the washer machine or dishwasher!
    Holy Cow Shelley...I watch him all the time..I'd need one of those lead sticks to go back to goodwill or tagsales again...you just never know. Don't you just love Dr Oz???

EEOOWW!! yuck yuck! of course I know I drool all over my pillows..I would never sell one. some people just have no scruples..I don't want to think any further on the other body fluids..or the lead or the bugs..YUCK!

OMG, yuck is right! I'm not sure there is anything I need at a tag sale to deal with this!
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

is a tag sale the same as a garage sale? I've never heard that saying before.
    Sarah

Tag sale, garage sale, yard sale, same thing Sarah
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    is a tag sale the same as a garage sale? I've never heard that saying before.
    Yes , I think a tag sale could be the same as a garage sale or yard sale. Or it could be a real bargain that you would find at a thrift store, that may have been marked down after a certain period of time, being at the store.
    shelley

+ Reply to Thread