+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lakeslady is Home!

Hybrid View

1. Lakeslady is Home!

I just received a general note from Joan. I know you must be hopeful to hear of her status if you are concerned as I am with each day that passes and we have no news I say more and more prayers for her. Not that I will stop but let me share her note since she doesn't seem to have the energy to write beyond the one note right now-
    Hi just a quick general email addressed to all dear family and friends.

A million thank you’s to all who sent get well cards and good wish emails, they have been truly appreciated and meant a lot to both Michael and I.

I have arrived home after having nine days in hospital just in time for my silver wedding anniversary.

My hip replacement was successful and appears to be healing well. However there was a few problems but I am here, and still smiling.........just!!!

I spent SIX hours in surgery and had to have a blood transfusion. My heart played up but nothing that they could not deal with. On day three I had a brilliant day but suspect I was as high as a kite on drugs LOL.
    Today we have had another hiccup as cellulitis as been diagnosed in my lower left leg. Hopefully they can get it under control and I don't have to be re admitted to hospital. They have started physiotherapy and have had me in the shower to wash the grime away Managing to do most things apart from getting my swollen leg into bed..........I need help with that as it must weigh about 5 stone!!!!!

Talking of bed, need to be heading there like now!!!

Thank you for your continuing good wishes.

Much love and blessings to you all Joan
    [/INDENT]

Re: Lakeslady is Home!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Jan. So good to know her surgery was successful. Healing is slow but steady.

Kathy

thank you, Jan for the update!! I have been worrying about our dear joan, so this update is very appreciated. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts & prayers.

I have been wondering, checked her blog hoping for something. I am glad she is home and I hope this cellulitis will go away soon. Please let her know we are thinking of her and we are here for her.

Thanks Jan! I was getting worried that we hadn't heard any news. So glad it's going well for her!
    Dee

Thanks Jan for the news on Joan!

Thanks for passing that on. Hope the mends continues on a good note.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Thankyou Jan. It sounds like JP could use a cheer up card. Off to find a happy hug in my collection!
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread