+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

Re: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

Heather, I love that you are now all sparkly! I guess this wouldn't be a technique for Angie, the anti- gliiter Queen!

Kathy

Ok, finally here is my attempt from earlier in the week using the sticker paper and Pearl Ex and a stencil. The paper is very flimsy so mine curled quite a bit too taking it off the stencil. I was trying for a sunflower-ish look with the darker colors on the petals as well as the center but as you can see that didn't go so well! I had a very hard time getting the Pearl Ex to go where I wanted it too and resorted to using a Qtip to help get it all in the areas I wanted to cover. When I applied the white PE to the background(like Heather & Chris was going for a color that wouldn't overwhelm the rest of it) the white seemed to stick to the tops of the other colors a bit so it isn't as bold as it was.

Like I said, I am pretty disappointed in my results. Joe made it all look so easy! US ArtQuest does have a booth here at Mega Meet, a scrapbooking event that strangely has TONS of stamping stuff, but that isn't till May. I don't wanna wait that long to get some of his stuff. I may try again with a different stencil and use maybe PE and glitter this time or all glitter.

P.S. I had to take 7 pictures before I could find a combination of location and flash that didn't obscure half the image.
    Attached Images

Kathy

Joe sure did make it look easy!!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

4. Re: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

I was able to work with gold gilding flakes as Joe did in part 2. My card is in the challenge gallery.

Looking at Jennifer McGuire's post, I remember that I might have what is essentially a sheet of red line tape which has 2 sides. Will have to look and see if I used it all back when I bought it. And Lord knows we all know THAT stuff is sticky! Maybe too much so, I got it to used with sugar beads, I think.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread