+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone up to?

Re: What is everyone up to?

Quote Originally Posted by MnMommy2 View Post
    My ENT doctor has not checked for fungal infection, I just went to the Express care last week. I think I need to find a New ENT cause they are just not helping me at all. I got antibiotics but I finished them yesterday and still feel like crud, with coughing junk up and of course ear is still plugged (not sure if fluid is gone or not). I'll just pump the water and continue with applying/diffusing my Essential Oils.

Boys had fun camping, youngest son wiped out on his bike and scraped up his knees real bad, falling on that gravel will really mess you up! That was the first time I saw him cry in a long time, he is a tough kid though.

We will go back camping on Thursday night as well. We bought a seasonal site for our camper this year and we are loving it, it is only an hour away and on a lake which is so relaxing and the folks there are so nice!
    We used to go camping quite a few years ago. My sister, Ellie, and her family had a big camping trailer, as did our good friends. We really enjoyed it. We used to talk about the fact that when you are there, there are no"housework chores" hanging over your head...just what's necessary to eat the next meal. Then go back and finish relaxing!! It was wonderful!!!

Yes we are going back on Thursday of this week. It is a very relaxing place to be! This past weekend the campground was dead because there was a lot of bad storms all around locally. We missed the bulk of them going camping, otherwise our hometown was out of power from Friday night to Sunday. It was like we were the only folks in the campground, the only people with children so our boys were on their own. I know this week there will be more folks, hopefully that is.

3. Re: What is everyone up to?

I'm not employed by Walmart. I work for a company that goes into Walmarts and Sams stores and I do their video games, gift card sorting, auditing their cameras, auditing their laptops, printers ... I really like it and can make my own hours which I loved that about perfume when I did that.
    The Shackretary

Oh Sherri...I didn't know you changed jobs. I'm glad you like it.

5. Re: What is everyone up to?

Since I never had any basic art training my current big project is taking an Introduction to Art in a Massively Open Online Class (MOOC) by Coursera. These are free online classes conducted by outstanding college professors from the finest universities around the world. A lot of the course content is often similar to what the professor’s present in their traditional classes but it is redesigned to work online with current technology. College credit is not available for these classes but a certificate of completion can be achieved or one can sift through the course content and learn what you desire from the class.

Have large do you think constitutes a “massively large class”? Well, there are 56,000 students enrolled in my art class? It sure makes for interesting forum discussion when participation truly feels global and students have very diverse experience, access to products, education, etc. Next week I begin another class on the Science of Cooking presented by 2 professors from Hong Kong.
    I am also enrolled in a class for the end of July that is titled “Drawing for those with no time nor ability”

As for stamping, I continue to participant in Splitcoaststampers MIXED challenges that focus on a specific technique each week; 2Peas annual summer challenge event ends today; and of course I have enjoyed playing in Joan’s card swaps here. I will try to post the my swap cards in the gallery soon. My other cards and projects are posted on my blog as I have time.

Retirement life is the best!

On Thursday I take my ACCUPLACER placement test for college courses. I've not even practiced any math portions, I suck at math so bad!
    I need to practice tomorrow!! Yes, I am such a procrastinator!

In the Fall I will become a part time student. I am going into the Advertising Communication & Design and Web Design AAS.

Jan, that is a BIG class! But is sounds like a wonderful opportunity to learn some new techniques.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Wow!! Hurray for both of you! You'll both be GREAT!!! Please be sure to keep us posted!!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

We got back on Saturday from our vacation in the Ozarks of Missouri. Had a blast and have been trying to play catch up every since. I start my new job tomorrow....not wanting to but gotta do it some time or another so might as well be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Since I never had any basic art training my current big project is taking an Introduction to Art in a Massively Open Online Class (MOOC) by Coursera. These are free online classes conducted by outstanding college professors from the finest universities around the world. A lot of the course content is often similar to what the professor’s present in their traditional classes but it is redesigned to work online with current technology. College credit is not available for these classes but a certificate of completion can be achieved or one can sift through the course content and learn what you desire from the class.

Have large do you think constitutes a “massively large class”? Well, there are 56,000 students enrolled in my art class? It sure makes for interesting forum discussion when participation truly feels global and students have very diverse experience, access to products, education, etc. Next week I begin another class on the Science of Cooking presented by 2 professors from Hong Kong.
    I am also enrolled in a class for the end of July that is titled “Drawing for those with no time nor ability”

As for stamping, I continue to participant in Splitcoaststampers MIXED challenges that focus on a specific technique each week; 2Peas annual summer challenge event ends today; and of course I have enjoyed playing in Joan’s card swaps here. I will try to post the my swap cards in the gallery soon. My other cards and projects are posted on my blog as I have time.

Retirement life is the best!
    WOW, jan that sounds way cool

+ Reply to Thread