+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

1. Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

I know I have been among the missing for quite some time here and I see some of you on Facebook. I am hoping that life will slow down a bit after Labor Day and that I can dust off my stamps and start getting creative again. We have had a horrible summer.

My mom, who was a healthy, vibrant 71 year old passed away on July 25th from Anaplasmosis, a tick borne organism in your blood that attacks your vital organs. Mom had two tick bites about 11 days prior to first feeling sick on July 3rd and even though she sought medical treatment for five days and told each health care provider about her tick bites none of them treated here with antibiotics until she was transferred to ICU on July 8th, in an unresponsive state. We are making it our mission to spread the word about Anaplasmosis and other tick borne diseases in hopes that we can prevent others from going through the nightmare that my family has been dealing with. If you get a chance please check out the Center for Disease Control (CDC) link and if you or a loved one have any unexplained illness, beg your healthcare providers to test for this and to start you on an antibiotic until your test results come back ... http://www.cdc.gov/anaplasmosis/

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/annou...a4bcf887a.html

In the midst of Mom's illness Gary and I moved into our new home in Vermont. We are far from being settled and hoping to put our mailbox up and change our state of residency in the coming weeks.

I hope all is well with all of you and I hope to once again become a Shack 'regular' ... I miss you all!

Hugs,

Teresa
    Teresa

Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Hi Teresa, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. That is awful, amazing that a tiny bug like that can wreak such havoc and worse that the appropriate measures were not taken by the doctors. Sending good thoughts that the rest of 2013 will be better for you and I'm looking forward to seeing you back here again.

Kathy

3. Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Oh my dear Teresa, how you have been missed, especially by me.
    I was so very sorry to hear the sad and sudden news about your Mother, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I do know how you feel, after loosing my dear father last year. If you ever feel like talking do feel free to send me a PM.
    Big hugs my friend Joan

I am sorry for your loss.
    shelley

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That is just so sad that even though they knew she had the bites that they didn't treat her in time. Sending you (((hugs))).

Oh, Teresa, I am so sorry to hear that. I haven't heard of that illness from ticks. Thank you for the info. We have lots of folks here suffering with Lyme Disease from them but now I have a new one to look into. I hope you can get settled in your new house on top of all the other things going on. hugs to you and your family
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

7. Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Hello Teresa!
    So sorry to hear the sad news about your Mother.

I hope you are very happy in your new home. Amazing how these projects can take so much longer than you ever dreamed.

Looking forward to seeing you around more often.
    ...Jan

so sorry to hear about your Mum's passing. Come back soon when things settle down
    Sarah

Teresa so sorry for your loss. I know how sad it is to have to let go of someone so special. You are in my thoughts.

So tell us more about your fabulous new home...water front? Crafting space?

oh..I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope things will settle down for you soon.
    (((hugs)))

+ Reply to Thread