+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Its Saturday...

Its Saturday...

I am so glad that it is Saturday. I have been up early but not as early as through the week. I have made a couple of cards, have laundry started and heading out to look for a couple of new blouses or something. I swear with all the clothes I have I end wearing the same all the time. I would like to have something new to give me a little boost when dressing through the week. Pant suits all need a perk me up.

What is everyone else doing, I have started Christmas cards, got to do Suzi's swaps due in Sept that seemed so far away when I signed up, work on my flood cards.
    Tomorrow I am meeting with a lady that has opened up a new craft consignment that contacted me for some cards-exciting. I have one other in downtown that wants a few cards so maybe I will be able to get enough places for consignments that will keep me busy.

Next week I have a craft show so gotta get going on a few more things there and still doing the farmer's market but didn't go today because it was suppose to rain. I haven't seen the rain yet. It is 9-12 in the summer, winter 10-1 but indoors.

Was away for work this week so I didn't get a lot done through the week except work-oh thats what pays the bills and gives me insurance. My hubby really wants me to retire but I am still not quite ready. I guess I will decide in Jan if it will be next summer or not.
    Still enjoy it even tho the days can be long.

That has been my week....tell me about yours!

Re: Its Saturday...

I just got home from work,. now packing up some things and heading to camp. I too have swaps due in September that i have on my radar. have a great day everyone

Hello gals---my day was not too interesting. I was up early to go with my daughter(Christine) to pick up her youngest son (16 next week)from a 2 week stay at camp. It is a YMCA camp and he was there with kids from Australia, Russia, England and who knows where else. They all had a ball!!! Remember when you used to have people sign your autograph books? Well, they exchanged email addys!! Anyway, we left at 8:30am and got there about 11, loaded (and I do mean loaded) the car and came home. Then Chris and I went to Macy's to get him shirts for school (I discovered I had a $100 credit on my Macy's charge) we did buy 6 t shirts but didn't really like the rest of the selection. (I must be getting old) Then home and I collapsed for a while on the couch. Later on I got up and finished making sure I have a copy of each sheet onto which I had copied all my stamps(about a ream of paper) and putting prices on each stamp. I want to put one set in the bank for safe keeping/insurance. I'm afraid to add them up...stay tuned for that!! eek!! All the while I had tv on...now I'm going to bed!! I'll be checking in tomorrow am with my morning tea. Sweet dreams.....

Patty sounds like you had a busy day!!
    I bet the grandson enjoyed YMCA camp as that sounds like fun, yes times have changed with technology.

Cindi-do you cook at the camp, lots of people there or just the two of you? Do you ever see moose there?

5. Re: Its Saturday...

Its early Sunday morning and I have to work 7-3 today. I only work 2 Sundays a year and this is the first one!! The new Disney Infinity characters are coming out today so I have to go to 4 different Walmart stores to make sure they are out and priced. Friday i set up the display and today should be easier. IF I can find these toys in the back. That's always a challenge, finding things in the back room!!
    The Shackretary

6. Re: Its Saturday...

I typed a whole post about my Saturday & my tablet ate it!!

Anyway, I had a class at Archiver's scheduled yesterday but they called to cancel it. They gave me the option to come in & do the class w/o the instructor. Since I was SOOOO looking forward to it, I did that. It worked out fine & there was one other woman there so I wasn't lonely. LOL It somehow took us about 3-3.5 hours to do it all, guess I'm slow!!! Not crazy about all of the cards but there are some really cute ones!!! BUT, I put 3 of them on another table to dry & forgot to get them before I left. So now, i have to go back sometime this week. Darn!! LOL. After I got home, I got Nick & Scott & drove BACK the 45 minutes to the town where Archivers was to do some BTS shopping for Nick. Poor kid got lost in the shuffle of getting his sister ready for college. Then, we went to dinner at 5 Guys. I was NOT impressed at all. Thought it was WAY overprice for a burger & the fries were GROSS!!! Came home, watched a movie w/hubby & went to bed.

Today, it's laundry day (although, we did ALL the laundry before becca left & now, w/one less person, there is not that much to do....) and then hopefully, I'll get some swap stuff going!! I'm also hoping to start tackling some of the junk that's piled up. I've not done anything really w/the house since I started Becca's school album before graduation!!! I've got piles of stuff here & there that never go put away properly. Plus, I really need to clean out closets & get rid of clothes that we no longer wear & stuff we no longer use!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Patty sounds like you had a busy day!!
    I bet the grandson enjoyed YMCA camp as that sounds like fun, yes times have changed with technology.

Cindi-do you cook at the camp, lots of people there or just the two of you? Do you ever see moose there?
    gary & his sister co own the camp, so it is usually the 4 of us there for starters, sometimes the neighbors on both sides join us, we like to cook out together. we also like to play a dice game called left right center. somdays it's just a few of us, other days we have a big crown.we are lucky that camp is only 20 minutes from home. if we leave after dark there is a chance of seeing moose, or deer on the ride back into town.

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    gary & his sister co own the camp, so it is usually the 4 of us there for starters, sometimes the neighbors on both sides join us, we like to cook out together. we also like to play a dice game called left right center. somdays it's just a few of us, other days we have a big crown.we are lucky that camp is only 20 minutes from home. if we leave after dark there is a chance of seeing moose, or deer on the ride back into town.
    Sounds like the perfect place to spend the weekends to me! It is nice that you all enjoy cooking together and eating together!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Sounds like the perfect place to spend the weekends to me! It is nice that you all enjoy cooking together and eating together!!
    yup..works for us.

10. Re: Its Saturday...

I spent Saturday morning cleaning and running errands. Saturday afternoon we did some boating, but the water was too cold for me to swim! Sunday I was up early to cook and attend a Mass in memory of my Mom. My stepfather's birthday was August 7th and my nephew's birthday was Saturday so we had about 22 people over in the afternoon for dinner. My sister is getting ready for the county fair, which starts today, so I volunteered to host the party. DH & I took a nice walk after everyone went home. Weekends are TOO short!
    Teresa

+ Reply to Thread