+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creating Keepsakes has folded

1. Creating Keepsakes has folded

Makes me sad. I had a subscription for YEARS but I let mine run out 'cause I just wasn't reading it. I wasn't doing s/b pages & they just didn't inspire me anymore. Makes me wonder if it's the end of an era??? Digital Scrapbooking seems to me much more popular than regular scrapbooking; even Archivers had devoted TONS of space for their "memory lab". Is scrabooking dead?? Or, is it just sleeping & it will come around again in a few years?? I guess it will NEVER die to some people. As long as there is paper & glue & stickers, they'll scrapbook!!

Funny thing: I scraped
    for years. I have 10 albums full of pictures. I did Becca's school album. Not ONE person has ever looked at my scrapbooks!!!! The kids did when they are younger but my mother has never looked at them, my SILs never have looked. I can't BEAR to look at some of the older pages (can you say STICKER SNEEZE!!!) I guess my great-great grandkids might be interested.... LOL More likely they'll say "What was she thinking????" But, I'll be dead & not care. LOL

Re: Creating Keepsakes has folded

I, too, am so sad. I went to the Creating Keepsakes conventions and classes. I took classes from Lisa Bernstein, the owner of CK and a few of the other girls involved with the magazine. I have many scrapbooks that I made for Corey and for other people and I'm right in the middle of making a baby album for someone. OMG I still can't believe it. I just thought it would always be there even though I subscribed for years but had not for a long time.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Wow! I didn't realize this. I currently subscribe to their magazine. I know the new trend of scrapbooking is project life. I don't even think that their are any scrapbook magazines anymore. There used to be Scrapbooks etc., which stopped being published last year. There was also simple scrapbooks magazine, folded in 2009, which they intergrated this magazine, into creating keepsakes. Memory makers was the other scrapbooking magazine on the market, which too closed in 2009.

I found this link talking about the ending of the magazine

http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2013/...rapbook+Update)
    shelley

This also effects the Paper crafts magazine.

http://www.creatingkeepsakesblog.com...ing-keepsakes/
    shelley

I don't get any magazine of any kind any more. I found I would have 3 or 4 months worth that I never looked at. Just the ones we get from our zoo and San Diego, AAA and from Boat US.

I would look at your scrapbooks if I could, Suzi. I used to love looking at my coworkers when she would get a new one done.

Kathy

Well, it's not dead at my house...I have 4 boxes of pictures...each contains a different generation. I am just about ready to make a scrapbook for each grandchild (4) for each generation!. That ought to perk up the scrap business, no? I better stock up on books and plastic pages.. I don't care about the current style...a pc screen will never replace a scrapbook you can touch....especially for this.

wow..I did not know that..I bet the conventions will be missed even more than the mag. bummer

8. Re: Creating Keepsakes has folded

Doesnt sound like the conventions are going away. Until they stop making money I guess. LOL The thing that gets me; there is NO MENTION of any changes on the PC website!!! It sounds like this is affecting them too. Maybe they are going to stay a paper mag and just the digital will change/include CK... BUT, if it's going strictly digital & I signed up for a new subscription right now & they didnt tell me..... I'd NOT be happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    Doesnt sound like the conventions are going away. Until they stop making money I guess. LOL The thing that gets me; there is NO MENTION of any changes on the PC website!!! It sounds like this is affecting them too. Maybe they are going to stay a paper mag and just the digital will change/include CK... BUT, if it's going strictly digital & I signed up for a new subscription right now & they didnt tell me..... I'd NOT be happy!!!
    I found this:

Creating Keepsakes magazine announced today that the magazine is ceasing publication after their November/December 2013 issue. Paper Crafts magazine is ceasing print publication as well, and the two publications will be merged together into a new all-digital publication called Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking.

So it will be digital.
    shelley

+ Reply to Thread